America's First Response requires that all applicants meet rigorous standards before coming onboard at Americas First Response. Our screening process guarantees we employ only the best. In addition to a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screen, our employees must successfully complete state required training and pass a written exam, before continuing on to on-the-job training. Our training exceeds all State requirements, and Shield will specifically match an individual officer’s skill, knowledge, and experience to your guard requirements.
All of America's First Response Guards have passed the Bureau of Security and Investigation Services requirements .
- Arrest Procedures for security Personnel
- Pr-24 Baton Certification
- Client Relations / Service Attitude
- Emergency Preparedness: Earthquake, Fire, and Bomb threats
- Fire Arm permits, State Certification Course
- First Aid and CPR Course
- Hostage Preparedness
- Basic Law for Security Officers
- Observation skills and Reporting
- Power to arrest / Guard Card
- Report Writing
- Security patrol procedures, Introduction
- Tear Gas, Mace, Pepper Spray / Permit
- Union Strike Preparedness